Thursday, November 09, 2006

Elections and Education

Finally, the election’s over. It’ll be interesting to see what changes occur with education policy now that the Dems are in charge.

As you know, I’m not a fan of “No Child Left Behind.” Take a look at “No Child Left” for a good overview of what’s wrong with this policy.

On the other hand, I’m certainly a fan doing what we can to assure that all kids learn to read and have every chance of succeeding in school.

Enough of my soap box. This isn’t a partisan blog. It’s about kids.

And speaking of kids, Eric and I are off to Ohio today to play with some of the grandkids and celebrate some birthdays.

So I’ll be out of the blogosphere for a few days. While I’m gone do some Brain Gym. Read a story to your favorite kid.

And take time to check out the “Brain Boosters for Your Kids” e-book series. You’ll get bunches of tips and strategies for school success.

No comments: